FAQs ( Frequently Asked Questions)
Why should I hire you, this should be something I can do myself?
Give yourself a break! It’s ok to be overwhelmed and ask for help. I’ll be there to tackle your challenges with you and to make the process easy, pleasant and stress-free. I’ll give you hints and tips for you to learn in order to manage your systems going forward.
How do I get started?
How much is this going to cost?
Each space is unique, and will be assessed and quoted on an individual basis to meet your budget needs. It will be determined by your personal involvement and your vision for the finished space. Repeat customers will receive a 10% discount.
I’m embarrassed. are your services confidential?
Yes, absolutely, I adhere to the Professional Organizers in Canada Code of Ethics found in this link: https://www.organizersincanada.com/about/code-of-ethics.html
Do I have to be around when you work?
It depends on the task. There are various options:
1) I can prepare an organizational plan for you, and you work at your convenience (I’ll provide periodic check-ins);
2) We can work together throughout the process;
3) I’ll go about the organizational plan on my own (with periodic check-ins from you)
How do I know it will work?
Getting organized can be as long or short a process as you like. I will help you prioritize your goals and we will make a plan together. At the end of the process you will feel more relaxed, stress-free, and more able to focus on the things that matter to you.
Are you going to make me throw everything away?
No, I will not ‘make’ people do anything they’re not comfortable with. I’ll work with you to help you decide whether to donate, gift, recycle or dispose of items.
Do I need to buy anything before you come?
No, purchasing organizing products is done throughout the process or almost the last step. There is a good chance we can use much of what you already own. First we need to sort, categorize, purge and then decide on the containers and shelving needed.
Do you work weekends?
Yes I do, at no additional cost. Many of my clients work full-time, and can only devote weekend time to getting their homes in order.
How long will the process take?
It depends on the size and scope of the space. During the first meeting, I will work with you to come up with a timeline and work within your budget that will help you achieve your desired results.
Who tends to hire a professional organizer?
- People who have no idea how to get started
- People who work hard, either in their home or office, feel overwhelmed and need help to tame the clutter and stay in control;
- People who place value on their time and see the value of hiring a professional;
- People who want to get the most out of their space;
- People who want an expert to help transform their home or office into an organized, functional and easy to maintain living or working environment.